Other distro ports

Comments/Suggestions/Feature Requests/Questions about general usage

Moderators: Steve Cranage, Robert Plaster

Steve Cranage

Other distro ports

Post by Steve Cranage »

We're interested in what is the most popular next release candidates OS-wise. I have a team member working on RHEL8 now, it is problematic but once done it should make the next port easier. The reason it isn't coming along in a straight forward manner is we rely on the original Sun ONC RPC library which is now deprecated. The new way is tirpc and it isn't cooperating yet.

If you have a preference, please let us know, once I get some feedback maybe we do a poll on the top requests to figure out the order.
Steve Cranage
Principal Architect, Co-Founder
DeepSpace Storage

Steve Cranage

Re: Other distro ports

Post by Steve Cranage »

Just an update, we are running on RHEL/Rocky 9.x now. The movement off 7.x and Mariadb 5.5 means we now have to support Mariadb10, which was not inconsequential. In addition to changing tuning variables, the name and location of configuration files also changed, as did the entire backup/restore paradigm. I think we have it all worked out now, The new code is only on the development repo's which are not public, but once we're confident all the wrinkles are out we'll promote to the public download side of our repo.

We have a new C developer with an Ubuntu background, so Chris will be working on that port after his other priority task is done.
Steve Cranage
Principal Architect, Co-Founder
DeepSpace Storage